Water Quality Self-Diagnostic Tool
Troubleshoot Your Water Quality
This tool will help determine possible causes and solutions of typical water quality issues experienced in a home. After using this tool, please feel free to contact MPWD if you would like to request further support of your water quality issue.
Before starting, here are some considerations that will help in the troubleshooting process:
- Does it occur with just the cold water, the hot water, or both?
- Does the problem occur in every faucet?
- Does it occur only when you first turn on the water or does it occur continuously?
- When did you first notice the problem?
- Are your neighbors experiencing the same problem?
- Do you know what type of pipes you have in your home (i.e., copper, galvanized iron)?
- Do you have any home treatment devices (i.e., water softener, reverse osmosis system, whole house filtration system or point-of-use activated carbon filter)?