MPWD Water Conservation Report
- The MPWD has moved to Water Shortage Level 2 as of June, 2022. The Level 2 actions that now apply are focused on reducing outdoor water usage, such as irrigation, ornamental lakes/ponds, and pools. For more detailed information, please visit HERE.
- Various water conservation rebate programs for MPWD customers are available for Lawn-Be-Gone, Rain Barrels, Smart Irrigation Controllers, and Irrigation Hardware. For more information about these valuable rebate programs and how to access them, please visit HERE.
- Rebate programs paid out to MPWD customers in FY 2021-2022: 4 Lawn-Be-Gone rebates, 27 Rain Barrel rebates, and 11 Rachio Smart Irrigation Controllers rebates.
- The Spring 2022 schedule for BAWSCA's online landscape courses has ended and the Fall 2022 schedule will be announced soon. Recordings of many of these these landscape courses are still available to be viewed on the BAWSCA website HERE. Browse various topics such as water-efficient edible gardening, rainwater harvesting, native & drought tolerant plants, succulents, irrigation, bugs & wildlife, landscape design, lawn conversion, and more!!!
- Sign up for MPWD's Water Watch FREE online water monitoring tool and qualify to claim a BONUS gift from the MPWD! It's easy to sign up for Water Watch. Start by visiting the Water Watch webpage HERE. Once you have completed the sign up, or, if you have already signed up for Water Watch, please visit the bonus gift claim webpage HERE.
- Look for the next issue of the MPWD's newsletter The Waterline this summer for information about upcoming MPWD school programs, including field trips, Earthcapades assemblies, water conservation poster contest, and Water Wise Kits.
MPWD would like to THANK YOU for your water savings effort to date and making water conservation and water efficiency your California Way of Life. Remember, a 15% reduction in water use each month is our target and hot summer days often make it more challenging to reduce water use. But, we know you’ve got this! MPWD is honored to serve this community and we appreciate your business!